Intro_##.gh is a cyclical workshop-like event taking part at the Object office in Poznań.
The intention of this event is to provide a relaxed and flexible tutoring experience, with only one goal – getting to know Grasshopper better. We will start with a very exhaustive introduction, then venture into the computational geometry world in whichever direction we like.
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com
In the email please provide the following information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- A list of meetings you would like to attend (1-10, for instance “meetings 4,5,6”)
- If you’re a student, please attach a scan of your student ID card
- [Optional] Special requests (particular topics you would like to learn about during the workshops.
- [Optional] Friend’s name (see the fees section)
Please note there is a limited number of seats for each meeting (up to 8) – first pay, first serve.
The long duration of the series (with a possibility of extension) will enable each participant to come up with their own research problems during the learning process. The scope of those problems will have a major influence in setting the direction of each workshop. While a couple of initial meetings will be solely spend on Grasshopper basics, the latter part of the series will have a more open character.
Each meeting day starts at 10 AM and lasts till 5 PM, with an hour long break for lunch (14 hours of tutoring per meeting).
- 02/03 Dec | Intro_01.gh: user interface, geometry types, Rhino/GH connection
- 16/17 Dec | Intro_02.gh: data flow, paneling, geometry rationalization
- 06/07 Jan | Intro_03.gh: data I/O, excel, csv, data visualization, preparing geometry for fabrication
- 20/21 Jan | Intro_04.gh: working with complex definitions, project organization and helpful plugins
- 10/11 Feb | Intro_05.gh: looping with Anemone, generative design
- 17/18 Feb | Intro_06.gh: automating tasks with Anemone, scripting introduction
- 03/04 Mar | Intro_07.gh: scripting
- 17/18 Mar | Intro_08.gh: Kangaroo
- 14/15 Apr | Intro_09.gh: user_defined_1 (flexible)
- 28/29 Apr | Intro_10.gh: user_defined_2 (flexible)
BFF Reduction: Bring your friend and get a 10% fee reduction for both of you. Please send your friend’s email address in your application (please see the Application section.)*
*Both you and your friend must attend or the discount will not apply.
Splitting the fee into few installments is possible, write firstname.lastname@example.org to get the details.
Single meeting (14h total)
Early Bird (at least 3 weeks prior to a meeting)
- Student 450 PLN/single meeting
- Professional 600 PLN/single meeting
- Student 500 PLN/single meeting
- Professional 700 PLN/single meeting
Selection of 3 meetings (comes with a certificate, 42h total)
Early Bird (at least 3 weeks prior to the first meeting)
- Student 350 PLN/single meeting, total 1050 PLN
- Professional 500 PLN/single meeting, total 1500 PLN
- Student 450 PLN/single meeting, total 1350 PLN
- Professional 600 PLN/single meeting, total 1800 PLN
Entire Series of 10 meetings (comes with a certificate, 140h total)
Early Bird (till 15 November 2017)
- Student 300 PLN/single meeting, total 3000 PLN
- Professional 400 PLN/single meeting, total 4000 PLN
- Student 350 PLN/single meeting, total 3500 PLN
- Professional 500 PLN/single meeting, total 5000 PLN
The meeting will be cancelled if there isn’t enough applications (min. 3)
Mateusz Zwierzycki is an architect, developer and Grasshopper user. He is author or co-author of such libraries and plugins as Anemone, Volvox, Starling, and most recently Owl. He is also the founder of Object (theObject.co), a long time workshop tutor, teacher and a parametric design popularizer.
The workshop language will be adjusted to the participants (either Polish or English).
The event will take place at the Object office.